Founded in 1852 by Dutch botanist Johannes Elias Teysmann, the Cibodas Botanical Garden at the foot of Mount Gede Pangrango is a branch of the nearby Bogor Botanical Gardens. This green park covers nearly 80 hectares of hilly ground. The park was established as a place of acclimatization for foreign plant species with significant economic value, such as the cinchona, the source of quinine. Now, Cibodas Botanical Garden has become a major tourist destination in the region, noted for the panoramic beauty and collection of rare plants such as the Amorphophallus titanum, or corpse flower. Another attraction are the Himalayan cherry blossoms which bloom for four days twice yearly, in January-February and July-August.